Forgot your password?
side by side
lines around each change
Show the changes in full context
White space changes
11/20/07 08:56:30 (
Next, set the bandwidth of the interfaces you want to use shaping on. Currently (0.5.74 alpha 1) you can only use shaping with real (non-virtual) interfaces. Go to a interface and press F6. There the bandwidth of the interface can be entered in 'kbit' or 'mbit'.
== Rules ==
In the rules the shaping settings are further defined. Shaping in Vuurmuur is integrated with the existing rules. To setup shaping for a certain rule go edit the rule and then press F6. Here you can set 5 settings:
* Incoming guaranteed rate: this the bandwidth per second that is reserved for this rule in the direction from destination to source. The bandwidth is used by other rules if this rule doesn't (fully) use it.
* Incoming maximum rate: the maximum speed a rule can use.
* Outgoing guaranteed rate: this the bandwidth per second that is reserved for this rule in the direction from source to destination. The bandwidth is used by other rules if this rule doesn't (fully) use it.
* Outgoing maximum rate: the maximum speed a rule can use.
* Priority: the priority of the traffic. Default traffic has priority 3.
The speed can be set in 'kbps' (kilobyte per second), 'mbps' (megabyte per second), 'kbit' (kilobit per second) and 'mbit' (megabit per second).